Thursday 1 March 2012

Pear Shaped

Browsing the book aisle at Tesco's on Tuesday, and one immediately caught my eye. Probably because it had the word 'dessert' on the front to be fair.
Photo: Amazon.co.uk
"Sophie Klein walks into a bar one Friday night and her life changes. She meets James Stephens: charismatic, elusive, and with a hosiery model ex who casts a long, thin shadow over their burgeoning relationship. He’s clever, funny and shares her greatest pleasure in life – to eat and drink slightly too much and then have a little lie down. Sophie’s instinct tells her James is too good to be true – and he is."
I was instantly drawn to this one, amongst the many other books competing for my attention. It's had some great reviews but one that particularly caught my eye was Heat magazine's:

 "If you are a girl with a passion for food, this modern city heartbreak is the book for you" 
That's me right there, in a nutshell.

Started this last night and was four chapters in before I even realised. Probably because I could draw so many similarities between myself and the main character. Literally felt like I was reading about myself. She loves to plan, hates leaving things to the last minute, but most of all, has the biggest passion for food, puddings in particular. In fact, she has what I could only describe as THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD, she is a pudding developer for a supermarket chain. That's right. She gets paid to EAT DESSERTS. Not jealous at all, I swear.

Anyway, pretty into it so far.. can see myself finishing it before the weekend is out to be fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment