Tuesday 3 April 2012

Samantha Brick: Why I'm God's gift...

Logging onto Twitter this morning, I glanced at what was trending as usual, and - as I so often do - clicked on one of the random names that appeared in the side bar. This morning was Samantha Brick.

Twitter promptly informed me that it was taking too long to load the tweets about this woman, and clicking on the link to a Daily Mail article provided, I can see why. This is the article.

Reading the headline and studying the photo, I genuinely thought it was some sort of joke. But April Fools Day was yesterday. No, this is a genuine article. Ms Brick describes the generous gifts she has received over the years from men, including cab fares and bottles of champagne, putting them down to 'my pleasing appearance and pretty smile'.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm no Kate Moss myself, but is this woman for real?! The photo heading up the article reveals a rather large looking forehead and a blatantly forced smile. She's not ugly, but she's certainly not as beautiful as she has made herself out to be in this article.

She admits to being "no Elle Macpherson" but adds:  "I’m tall, slim, blonde and, so I’m often told, a good-looking woman. I know how lucky I am." I don't get it. I am genuinely baffled.

As the article goes on, she talks about the problems of holding down female friends, having had to leave countless jobs, and never being asked to be a bridesmaid because of the "fear of being overshadowed by her looks". Excuse my french, but what a load of complete bullshit.

And it only takes one look at her rather awkward looking husband to see that she is clearly not as gorgeous as she thinks she is.

I mean, I know newspapers can be guilty of twisting things to form a shocking, hard-hitting article. But I don't think this it what has happened here. You only have to look at some of her quotes to realise that this woman clearly sees herself as some sort of goddess, above each and every other female out there: "Insecure female bosses have also barred me from promotions at work," "You’d think we women would applaud each other for taking pride in our appearances" and "I find that older women are the most hostile to beautiful women — perhaps because they feel their own bloom fading" are classic examples of her sheer big-headedness.

I'm still waiting for Twitter to load the tweets relating to this head-in-the-clouds woman, but I'd put money on the fact that they reflect what this post has had to say.

So lock up your husbands ladies, Samantha Brick is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment