Monday 30 April 2012

Oh hey social life.. I've missed you!

So last Tuesday I promised an abundance of interesting blog posts coming your way. But let's face it; I failed miserably. However, this week I actually have some plans! Yes, plans! My social life seems to have made a reappearance, even if it is just for a few days.

This past week has been pretty boring on all accounts. I've been looking after my mother-in-law's plant stall most days, which has meant sitting in an office and running down to the stall whenever I see a customer (which have been few and far between might I add!). I've been doing this for about 3 or 4 hours each morning, depending on the weather. But it's not been a total waste of time, as I've managed to make a start on my public admin revision - for my followers who aren't on my course, this is possibly the most boring, mind-numbingly dull subject you can imagine, and revising for it literally makes me contemplate suicide! But like many things it's just something you have to crack on with, and I've certainly done that.

I've managed to get to the gym every day, except yesterday, when the weather was so horrific I just couldn't face leaving the house. I also started my 30 Day Shred DVD last Wednesday, which I've been doing daily. For those of you who don't know who Jillian Michaels is; Google her. She is by her own admission "TV's toughest trainer". And she has been training me in my front from for the past 5 days. It's pretty tough going, as she promises, but it is only 20 minutes a day, and I'm actually starting to enjoy it! I haven't done it yet today, as I'm currently in the office minding the stall, but I plan to do it when I get back to this house before lunch.

On the weight loss front I dropped 1lb on Thursday, but managed to regain it over the weekend - I blame the impromptu cinema trip on Friday (to see Avengers - AMAZING!) Pretty gutted about this as I had worked hard to get it off, and it took me down into the next stone bracket! But anyway, this week is a brand new week, and depsite dveouring half an easter egg between me and Rob in bed last night, I am determined to lose 2lbs this week! I'm making a few changes in the hope of achieving this too: I've upped my calories to 1540 from 1290, according to my BMR, and I'm NOT going to eat back my exercise which I have been doing for the last few weeks. Hoping these small changes might kickstart my weight loss again, since I seem to have been gaining and losing the same 1 or 2lbs for the last few months. I'm also trying to cut back on my carbs and upping my protein intake! Let's do this ;-)

Anywayyyyy.. As for this week, tomorrow I'm heading back to Lincoln for law revision and a long-needed catch up with the best one Aimee. Soo looking forward to this, feel like I haven't seen her for months! Then tomorrow night we're off to Damon's for Rob's birthday, about 10 us all together I think. I'm so excited! I haven't been in ages, and I ADORE their ribs!! It's Aimee's first time too, can't wait to introduce her to one of my fave restaurants.

Wednesday will be a pretty lazy day until the evening, when we're going out for Aimee's belated birthday. Literally not had a drink in months so I will probably be pissed as a fart within approximately 3 minutes of starting predrinks. Massive bottle of raspberry vodka at the ready!Thursday will see more law revision - possibly nursing a dire hangover - then home and gymming with Rob.

So excited to actually have plans this week other than gym sessions and food shopping. YAYYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment