Tuesday 24 April 2012

Blog block: why my home town isn't coming up trumps

As I've been a bit lacking with the old blog posts recently, it got me thinking why I suddenly feel as though I have nothing to write about. Blog block, as I like to call it.

I recently finished uni for the summer (aside from 2 exams at the end of May which I'm supposed to be revising for) and thus have moved back to my home town of Retford. Being an unemployed student, I've found myself at a loss most days, aside from helping out around the house or my daily trip to the gym I've done absolutely nothing. And I think that's the problem.

Being back in Retford and away from Lincoln is much less awe-inspiring, and therefore I have found myself with much less to say than usual. I did think about posting about the seemingly never-ending rain, but then again I think the less said about that the better.

So doing nothing much most days, coupled with the fairly lacking farming town that I call my home, I've been rather uninspired. Having not seen the best friend Aimee Nash in a few weeks doesn't help either, seen as most of my blog posts stem from our rather strange conversations.

As of today though I am determined to seek the good within the bad and find something (every day if at all possible) that interests me and therefore may in fact be of some sort of interest to my followers. Starting tomorrow. Or maybe even tonight?

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment